Sunday, May 23, 2010

Recent Books I Have Read

For a while I was reading everyday and finishing about a book or two a week. Now things are "heating" up at work and I don't have as much free time as I would like. But I am still reading. Here are the lastest books I have read and a few words about each one.

DEAD IN THE FAMILY by Charlaine Harris
This is the latest book in Ms. Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series. They have really taken off since the premiere of The HBO series TrueBlood, but I have been reading since before. In my opinion this series just gets better and better and this latest installment is no exception. I don't like to give away too much, but I will say that Eric Northman fans will be happy. He is very prominant in this book.

THE CARRIE DIARIES by Candace Bushnell
This was a quick, easy read that shows us Carrie before she moved to NYC and became a writer. This YA novel by Candace Bushnell follows Carrie Bradshaw (Bradley, to her friends) through her senior year of high school. Surprisingly, she is not the most popular girl in school. It also sheds light on her home life. (I had no idea she had 2 younger sisters) It was enjoyable, but not nearly as good as Sex and The City.I recommend it for anyone who loves the HBO series and wants to see who Carrie was a young girl or for any fans of YA chick-lit. P.S : the best part was the ending...

BLACK MAGIC SANCTION by Kim Harrison
This is just about my favorite Urban Fantasy/paranormal romance series. Rachel Morgan once again finds herself in a whole lot of trouble and has to relay on some unexpected people for help. (let's just say one is a former rat. And I mean that literally) We also see a lot more of Bis ,the teenaged gargoyle who shares the church with Rach and the gang. I like a lot and hope Ms Harrison includes him in more upcoming books.

NEVER TELL A LIE by Hallie Ephron
This is a great suspense novel that really had me guessing.When  8 months plus pregnant Ivy decide to have a yard sale, she never expected involved in a missing persons case and she sure never expected her husband, David to become suspected of murder. One of their former classmates stops by and is never seen leaving. soon police are investigating Ivy and her husband and Ivy's world is turned upside down. Ivy is left with lots of questions, one of which is "How well does she really know her husband?"

BEFORE I DIE by Jenny Downham
Very well-written YA book about 16-yr old Tessa, who has only months to live. She makes a list of "Things to Do Before I Die" and tries desperately to finish it before the end. This book was a little sad, but I really liked the way the author wrote the relationships between Tessa and her best friend, family and new boyfriend. This is a book that will stay with me a long time.


Well, that's it for now. Right now I am reading 3 books:

HONEYMOON OF THE DEAD by Tate Hallaway
SPIRIT BOUND by Richelle Mead
BITTER IS THE NEW BLACK by Jen Lancaster

I have also preordered the following new books:
INSATIABLE by Meg Cabot
LIVE TO TELL by Lisa Gardner
PRAY FOR SILENCE by Linda Castillo
CARNAL SIN by Allison Brennan
MOON SWORN by Keri Arthur
NEVER LOOK AWAY by Linwwood Barclay
as well as 2 books from authors "NEW" to me:
 STILL MISSING by Chevy Stevens
and NEVER WAVE GOODBYE by Doug Magee

No comments:

Post a Comment