Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"HATE THE GAME,NOT THE PLAYER"

WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!


Well, it's week five in the Big Brother house and we are one day away from our latest eviction. As of today, Rachel and Brendon have been nominated by current HOH, Matt, and tonight CBS will air the veto competiton as well as the veto ceremony.
The veto comp was played over the weekend and the ceremony on Monday, so if you get the feeds or read any blog posts, you already know the outcome.
I , myself, do not subscribe to the feeds(God knows I would never get any work done if I did) but I do watch Showtime Too's Big Brother After Dark and I also get most of my info from the wonderful ladies over at BBDish! Ya Gotta Have it! . If you are a big fan of the show, a feed subscriber, or love to chat with other fans, well, then this is the ONLY place I recommend going for the inside scoop. Carolyn and Co. have the latest up-dates, as well as polls, blogs by former Houseguests, viewing parties and general all around fun. They make it a place where you can always express your opinion, but never get criticized if you don't agree with others. Much better than any other BB sites I have seen. So, you might want to check that out @http://www.bbdish.blogspot.com/
Ok, now that I am done giving a shout-out to the "Dish", back to my view on the game so far.

After practicing their little hearts out for the veto challenge, nominees, Rachel and Brendon, were not lucky enough to actually win it. That honor went to Britney. Britney is someone I continually have mixed feelings about. A pretty, funny girl, she sometimes (ok, a LOT of times) can be very mean when discussing other houseguests. In the beginning, her sidekick was evicted guest #2, Monet. After Monet's departure, Brit seems to become more engaged with the others and I thought  her true self was being revealed, but soon, she was back to her old tricks, this time picking up a new partner in crime: Ragan.
I am quite surprised by the way Ragan has been presenting himself in the house of late. In the first 2 weeks, I really enjoyed him and his fun, "showmance/friendship" with Matt, but he has taken a quite "evil" turn and has become just as catty as Brit. Ragan was someone I original was rooting for to make it to the end, and now I don't think I feel quite the same. While I am no fan of "Team Brenchel" ( the pair of Brendon and Rachel) I still do not like the way they are constantly being bashed. Of course, the two of them give as good as they get and Rachel doesn't seem to think she does anything wrong.
Speaking of our two lovebirds, I am quite sorry-no, I take that back-I am not, to say that I think it is quite ridiculous to think you are "in love" with someone you met little over a month a go. Not to mention these two, in my opinion could be no further than an ideal match. Brendon seems very reserved and Rachel is a Vegas party girl. I know that should not matter, but well, I think it does and since this is my opinion, that's what I am going with. ;) I have heard Brendon say how he thinks Rachel will "grow out" of her Vegas way of life and move to LA where she might possible make it big or go to UCLA. (sorry, Brendon, doubt that's going to happen.
So, back to the game. As of earlier today, it was pretty much the house's decision to evict Rachel tomorrow night. This is something that I think bothers Brendon more than Rachel, herself. He has acutally begged others to vote him out instead because "Rachel really deserves to make it to the end and win" . Now I say to that "are you STUPID,man?" you are going to give up a chance at half a million dollars for a girl you barely know? Why did you come on this show? There are many,many people who would love to have gotten on the show and get a shot at winning. You want to throw that away? I feel he is an idiot.  Even if he goes this week, there is no guarantee that Rachel will make it any further in the game. Sure, I think she is a great player and very good at comps (she won 2 of the past 5 HOH's) but anything can happen.
The both of them have become enemy # 1 for the rest of the house ,becoming the butt of countless jokes by everyone,including Kathy, who must feel happy that she is in with the "cool crowd". Just last night she told Brendon , after he chose to hide the wine bottle opener from Britney not to "stoop to their level", then proceeded to head upstairs a while later and do just that: making fun of Brendon and Rachel and having quite the time of it.
There was a huge blowup that I was lucky(or not) to catch on Afterdark. Ragan and Britney were hanging out on the hammock. Rachel came over to talk to Ragan who had been avoiding her for the past couple days. He proceeded to tell her exactly how he feels about her. Now I will not give you the details, but in the short of it, Rachel ended up in the DR crying, Brendon went out to confront Ragan, and there was an intense name-calling session. Then proud he defended his girl's honor, Brendon went off on a rant directly to the live feed cameras. Then when Rachel emerged from the DR, he gave her wine and they spent most of the night alone talking about much better than the others they were.
On a positive note, I am really enjoying "Jersey" boy, Enzo. Watching the other houseguests make fun of his acccent and making him say words like dog, was quite the relief from the tension in the house. Plus, I have been in his shoes, being from Jersey, myself.
I have to say I am hoping Rachel leaves tomorrow taking most of the drama with her. Now I have to go. It's 8pm and Big Brother is on. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment