Tuesday, September 28, 2010

MY REVIEW OF SUMMER'S ROAD, a new novel written by KELLY MORAN

Recently, I  received a copy of author Kelly Moran's new contemporary romance, Summer’s Road, from the publisher.
When I started this novel I thought I would read a few chapters and then come back to it later that evening. I did not know I would become so engrossed in the novel, that it would not be possible for me to do that. What I also did not know is that because of this, I would end up sitting on my bed till 1:30 am reading until the very last chapter.
It’s been a long time since I have done that with any book. Sure, I have read some that kept me up nights saying “just once more chapter”, but reading a complete novel in less than 10 hours? Maybe once. Maybe.
Kelly Moran’s novel, Summer’s Road, is the story of Summer Quinn, a young woman with a lot going on in her life. It is also a story that grasped my attention from the beginning and kept it all the way through to the very beautiful ending.
 Summer is dealing with some pretty tough issues. Her father, who raised her alone after her mother left them, passed away 4 years ago. Her boyfriend wants to come into town because he has “something to tell her”. The mother who abandoned her as a baby just showed up on her doorstep, and her best friend just might be in love with her.
I certainly would love to tell you more. A lot more. But to do that would simply ruin it for readers, and I would hate to do that. I will tell you that Summer’s story is a heart-warming one. It’s a story of loss, love, forgiveness and everything in between. It kept me reading all day and all night, stopping only to eat and shower. I just HAD to know what was going to happen. Full of emotion, this novel is one I will treasure, like a dear friend I can revisit every now and again. Kelly Moran is one of the most talented authors to come along. I look forward to her next novel. 

5 stars

SUMMER'S ROAD will be released in 2011
For more information on Author Kelly Moran and her work, visit her website @ http://www.authorkellymoran.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment