Friday, September 17, 2010

WHAT'S NEW IN MY WORLD

Well, it's been on hectic week for Lisa! Last week I was off of work on a "vacation" . I have to use that term very lightly since I didn't actually go anywhere, but having not taken a vacation in a while, I needed some "end of summer" rest before things get busy at work.
The weekend brought a visit to Altamonte Springs which is just North of Orlando for the fall meeting of the Electrolysis Society Of Florida (ESF) That had me gaining some needed CEU credits for my electrolysis license renewal and some very good information. I am always inerested in learning whatever I can to improve and extend my knowledge of all things involving hair removal. We had a couple of great speakers this time including Gus Anibarro from The Laser Institute of America http://www.laserinstitute.org/ . Gus gave us some really good information on laser safety. (ALWAYS IMPORTANT)
Sadly, while over there I received word that my grandmother's sister, Betty, had passed away. It was a bit of a shock, as she was not ill, but being 91, she lived a happy, long life and I am believing she is now in Heaven with her late husband, my Uncle Joe. Rest in peace with the angels, Aunt Betty-I will miss you!

This week brought me back to work and a reminder of how hectic it can be this time of year. A lot of people decide to start laser treatments in the fall, so the the majority of their treatments done before next summer. This is definitely a recommended idea for anyone who spends a lot of the summer months outoors and at the beach. Laser hair removal should not be performed on anyone with a tan. It can cause lots of problems, especially the risk of burning, so we just don't do it. The next few weeks will be incredibly crazy as I play  "catch up" with my appointments. I also am very happy to say I have a lot of new consultations scheduled, so that is a plus! To be blessed enough to still have a thriving business in these "tough economic times" (That was for April ) is not lost on me. I thank God that people are still spending money on what some would consider a luxury.

Also on my (very full) plate, are some upcoming book reviews for Night Owl Reviews(www.nightowlreviews.com)
What current assignments are:

Just Friends by Robyn Sisman (author of Perfect Strangers)

"British and ballsy, Freya is a free-spirited Manhattan art dealer who thinks her live-in lawyer boyfriend, Michael, is about to propose"



and ...
Something Wicked by Michelle Rowen

This is the 2nd book in Michelle's Living In Eden series and will be released in October

"Living in Eden isn't exactly heaven on earth...
Darrak, the demon inside of Eden Riley, is able to take physical shape during the day. And Eden wouldn't mind getting her hands on him-if it wasn't a threat to her immortal soul. But while trying to rid themselves of the curse that binds them, they could get the distance they need...or each have their own private hell to pay"

I am looking forward to reading and reviewing both of these and my reviews will be available at http://www.nightowlreviews.com/ and (hopefully)here if I can get my head on straight!



I also am really excited about next week as it is TV's big Fall premiere week and I am looking forward to the return of some favorite shows including My CBS comedies (How I Met Your Mother, Rules Of Engagement), my crime dramas (Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds)as well as the return of Supernatural, Medium and ...dadadadaaaaa.... DEXTER!  That is one show that ended last season with a HUGE BANG and I am so excited about it! It should be another fantastic season. Also coming up the Sunday, September 26 is season two of one of the funniest shows on TV, Showtimes Eastbound & Down, starring the hilarious Danny McBride as former MLB player Kenny Powers. If you have never seen an episode of this show, I urge you to check it out. I think Showtime is playing last season's episodes before the premiere. For dates and times check out http://www.sho.com/

Well, that's it for now. I am surprised I found the time to get this much in! I still have one more workday left in my week and then 2 days off to "relax AKA do laundry, clean the bathroom, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment