Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Put Down The Flat Iron!

I have previously mentioned here that I am a part of the Amazon Vine program where every month I am able to choose 4 items free of charge to review for amazon.com.
The items available are on a first come, first serve basis, so sometimes there are some really cool things I'd like to try, but miss out on. Sometimes, though, I find something really cooland it's still available. This month I had the opportunity to try and review a new product from Suave Professionals.
It is the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit. This product is not yet available to the public, so I felt extra special!


I was so excited to try this product. I was born with very straight hair, but over time from perms,curling irons, flat irons, blow drying, highlighting, sun damage, etc, my hair has become very thick and wavy. The Florida humidity doesn't help any, either. I am constantly trying to find ways to keep my hair from being frizzy, but even with the flat iron, at the end of the day,I end up looking somewhat like Monica from Friends did when she went on that island vacation. Ok, maybe not THAT bad, but still pretty frizzy. I had thought about getting a keratin treatment from a salon, but was putting it off partly because I wasn't sure if I would like it and partly because I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend a lot of money on something that may not even work for me. So here came Suave and a chance to see if I could get salon quality results at home. As someone who is always willing to be a guinea pig for things like this (you should have seen the things I volunteered for in esthetics school!)I was up for it.
I was a bit nervous at first, especially since it did warn about being the "right candidate". It warns against using on permed hair, chemically treated hair and some reds. I had ,in fact, recently colored my hair to a deeper auburn then the lighter red my hair has turned into in recent years, but yet I was still willing to give it a shot.
I used the product as directed (except for the part of putting petroleum jelly at my hair line-sorry, I was NOT risking greasy hair).

The first step is to shampoo and lightly condition your hair. Then you comb your hair straight and apply the keratin infusion smoothing cream.I will say they certainly don't skimp on how much product they give you. I have long hair and I still had a bit left. I left it on for the amount of time for my type of hair (20 minutes) and though it smells like perm solution, I didnt find anything negative about it. No itching, burning, etc. I will say I did have a hard time rinsing it all out, but I think that is because of my thick, unmanageable hair. They give you a little plastic comb, but I almost broke it and decided to use my own "shower comb" I use when conditioning my hair.
After rinsing all of it out,the next step is applying the keratin infusion cuticle seal cream. This was a nice cream and felt really smooth going on. It covered all of my hair and once again I had plenty of it. I combed it through and waited the 7 minutes they suggested. When washing this product out, my hair instantly felt softer and lighter. My comb went through it with ease.
The final step is the keratin heat defense leave-in conditoner. This will also be a part of the New Suave Professional line of lower sulfate keratin infusion shampoos and conditioners. I put a tiny bit on my palms and rubbed them together before applying to towel dried ,but damp, hair. Then I combed through. I usually put my hair up in a turbi twist for a while before I blow dry because it takes so long for my hair to dry because it is so thick. I did the same with this. After a while,I took my hair down, combed it through and blow dried. My hair dried very quickly and I couldn't believe that I didnt have to use a round brush like I usually do to tame the flyaways. Actually, there were no flyaways!
Not only did my hair dry perfectly straight, but I didn't even need to flat iron it after. Now THAT is a first!
My hair feels lighter, like after a new haircut. It feels thinned out and so silky,and it looks amazing! The only downside I see is that I think it may have lightened my hair a tiny bit, but it does say you can color your hair after a week. I will most likely wait longer than that, just to be sure not to over process it.
anither downside for me is that you do have to wait 48 hours before you can shampoo your hair after using this. This ,for me, is bothersome only because I am used to having towash my hair everyday,but I don't see any reason I will need to wash mine before that. It is quite nice and still looking great on day two. I was very amazed when I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and saw straight hair! Another FIRST for me. Usually even if I wake up half-way through the night, I find ,yslef brushing my hair straight because it gets frizzy while I sleep!
If I wash my hair at night,I have to flat iron over again the next morning before work.
I can't believe how fantastic this product is. I only hope it does last the 30 days, because I am loving my hair right now. I can't wait to tell everyone I know about this and also for it to become available to purchase because I WILL use it again. I am also waiting for the lower sulfate Suave keratin infusion shampoos and conditioners that go along with it to come out, so I can maintain my hair properly. Thanks to Suave, I can always count on having great hair with little cost!
If you are interested, you can view more information at amazon's product page and sign up to be notified by e-mail when it becomes available here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SPESLY/ref=cm_cr_thx_view

No comments:

Post a Comment