Wednesday, November 1, 2017

It's not just men harassing women

I'm sure this has been addressed already, but there are surely a lot of women in positions of power, using it to sexually abuse people, too.

This isn't just a 'male' issue, just as it isn't a "Hollywood" issue. This happens EVERYWHERE, in every industry and it has to stop.


I'm sure there is going to be a generation of men out there, who are afraid to talk or act a certain way towards women out of PURE FEAR.

I remember an incident at work that I feel terrible about to this day.

Once after a laser treatment, I patted a male patient on his butt and said "ok, you're all set!" I cringed almost immediately after.

I didn't intend for it to be sexually suggestive and I don't think he was even aware of what I did, but it was wrong.

What if it was reversed and a male tech did it to a female patient. Would she feel it was harassment? Would she say something?
I am sure I've done it before to a female patient as well and that isn't right, either.
I know one thing. I'm definitely more aware of where I put my hands and what I say. He could have easily been offended and just kept quiet.
We must all be aware of what our actions are and try to do better.



No comments:

Post a Comment